Macro Economy – Aluminium Market News May 2021
- According to the data released by the National Bureau of statistics, the purchasing manager index (PMI) of China’s manufacturing industry in April was 51.1%, lower than 0.8% in March, but still higher than the critical point due to the slowdown in the expansion of both sides of production and demand. The manufacturing industry continued to expand. Among them, the PMI of small enterprises was 50.8%, which was 0.4 percentage point higher than that in March, and the prosperity picked up.
Industry Information– Aluminium Market News May 2021
- On April 20, the Ministry of industry and information technology issued a document saying that it is necessary to intensify the promotion of deepening the supply side structural reform, strictly prohibit the new production capacity of steel, cement and flat glass, and strictly control the new production capacity of electrolysis aluminum. Electrolysis aluminum in key provinces has been withdrawn from production capacity, and the equipment has been removed in place.
- The price of Aluminium Ingot has been rising all the way recently. According to the Research Report of Everbright Securities, as of April 18, the price of electrolytic aluminum was 18110 RMB/TON, close to the historical high of the past nine years, with a month on month increase of 3.54%. The estimated profit was 3498 RMB/TON (excluding tax), with a month on month increase of 18.73%, a new eight year high. (It is 19680 RMB/TON Today)
News of Corporates– Aluminium Market News May 2021
- Mingtai aluminum released its first quarter performance announcement on the evening of April 26, saying that its revenue in the first quarter of 2021 was about 4.887 billion RMB, up 60.99% year on year; The net profit was about 323 million RMB, a year-on-year increase of 167.09%; The basic earnings per share was 0.50 RMB, a year-on-year increase of 150%.
- Nanshan aluminum announced its first quarter results in the evening of April 26 that its revenue in the first quarter of 2021 was about 5.736 billion RMB, up 15.98% year on year; The net profit was about 536 million RMB, up 82.79% year on year; The basic earnings per share was 0.04 RMB, a year-on-year increase of 100%.
Logistics – Aluminium Market News May 2021
- According to the latest data released by Alphaliner, as of May 2, there were 6,204 container ships in operation worldwide, with a total capacity of 24.571 million TEU, equivalent to 296 million DWT. Among them, the total capacity of the top three liner companies accounts for 45.14% of the global market. The top three shipping companies in the world are Maersk shipping (4,121,800 TEU, accounting for 16.77%), MSC Shipping (3,920,800 TEU, accounting for 15.96%) and CMA CGM group shipping (3,049,700 TEU, accounting for 12.41%).
NILO SHANGHAI TEAM